“I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It’s just that the translations have gone wrong.”
― John Lennon
Please do not take sides in religion, religion is man made. The moment we take sides we lose our divinity, we forget to be the love and compassion that we were born to be. We forget our human brotherhood, and we get blinded by prejudiced teachings against groups of people just because they have a religious label (as Christians, Muslims, Hindus etc.)
To live on this Planet as our Divine self and live as the love that we are we drop all labels and live in oneness remembering the most important teaching of all religions:
” Treat others as you would have them treat you.”
This golden rule can be found in all ancient scriptures of our Planet:
- This is the sum of duty; do naught unto others which would cause you pain if done to you. (The Mahabharata)
- Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful. (Udana-Varga 5:18)
- Surely it is the maxim of loving kindness; do not do unto others what you would not have them do unto you. (Analects 15:23)
- Regard your neighbor’s gain as your own gain, and your neighbor’s loss as your own loss. (Tai Shang Kan Ying P’ien)
- That nature alone is good which refrains from doing unto another whatsoever is not good for itself. (Dadistan-I-dinik 94:5)
- What is hateful to you do not to your fellowman. That is the entire law, the rest is commentary. (Talmud, Shabbat 31a)
- All things whatsoever ye would that man should do to you, do ye even so to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. ( Matthew 7:12)
- No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself. ( Sunnah)
All teachers of all religions were representatives of the grander human consciousness. They do not ask us to worship them, they ask us to listen to the teachings from the silence of our heart space and remember and re-member with our Divine Selves.
There is no one religion, no one way to the Divine. All day to day actions done with the depth of the sincerity and goodness of the heart is a way to re-membering with our Divinity. Forgetting our divinity is the greatest illusion on this Planet.
May we choose to drop all labels of religions, countries, and traditions, may we choose to live from our heart space of love and kindness! May humanity awaken to its divinity! May human brotherhood and love prevail!
Blessings be to this beautiful Planet!
Copyright © 2012 P Rajkumar, S L Christian
All rights reserved
∞ Read more articles, excerpts, meditations, exercises, etc. on The Rising Way, or join our Subscriber Area “The AscendoSphere” for in-depth Study Groups, Forums, Podcast, Videos and much more, on the topics of Practical Metaphysics & Personal Ascension. ∞
∞ Connect with a group of committed ascension students, ever growing and always expanding, who have dedicated their hearts, lives and their entire being to making personal ascension real for anyone that chooses to make it a reality in their life. ∞